Saturday, March 3, 2007

Random thoughts on.... being an sherwood wannabe

I've come to the conclusion that theres alot I could say on this blog that I dont manage to post. When I make the concious desicion to sit down and blog my 'random thoughts' nothing comes to me. I always think of something I want to blog about when I'm a)about to go to sleep b)in the shower and c)when I'm in Physics... sigh...sigh... Oh well here go's, I've a new resolution to become a faithful, Regular blogger..

Back to being a 'sherwood wannabe'... strange thing to fess up to but really I am a SHERWOOD WANNABE. I've spent my entire 16/17 years in a surburb called Westville. (lol I'm sure you're all familiar with it). Westville- the small hole in a random corner of the earth. Don't get me wrong as much as I enjoy dissing the place, I love my home and my pretty,quaint avenue with the jacaranda trees and all the pwidi flowers.. That aside I've figured it's the peeps that have driven me to become an Sherwood wannabe.

Frankly I do and have always found people here too stuck-up.Someone needs to gently yank the sticks out of their asses. Westville people at large are about MONEY. Who has the latest BM or porsche, who's redocarated their house for the 3rd time that year and basically who's rolling in the macha. I wouldnt say that I live in the stereotypical society that breeds men who roll in the dough while little wyfie sits at home knitting and preparing the chow but something close to that... it's unheard of to let the 'son' lift a spoon and too many girls go to uni just waiting for prince charming to arrive and propose lol (im totally blogging about marriage next). Many are educated and smart but their ultimate objectives in life are totally screwed up. Yea so neway I kinda figured I didnt totally fit in with the whole little 'scene' when I was enrolled at Al-Noor (local westville preschool)at like age 3 and I howled every day until mom moved me to a white playschool. My reason 'All they do is play with blocks!" So basically I just find almost everyone around uninteresuting, shallow,superficial and OH SO SUBSTANCELESS!! To me it appears to be a whole lotta people trying to impress one another and gain some kind of acceptance and approval by means of wealth/materialism,looks/beauty and most recently 'piety'. Competition, malice and yawn yawn it makes me bored

I've grown up realising I want more that this for my life because I am so much more than dumb chatter about the lastest 'to die for accesories' and the hottest clothes and shoes. Seriously you go to any social gathering and you can predict what the conversations gonna be... the favourites amongst the men, 'the best businness class lounge in the world' and 'expanding the business'. I am all about crazy, out of the box, random, let loose , dream,discover,learn and live. Id like to think I'm a non-conformist, I really dont give a shit about societys approval and over time in reaction to this 'social accepatance syndrome thang we got going down here, I try and get people to disapprove of me. This is always entertaining and the more they disaprove and get the wrong idea about me the more in control I feel.

Back to the sherwood thing... the wannabe ness extends itself to any place away from the narrow confines of this little suburb (umhlanga and berea excluded... usually such *yawn* candidates, really not interested in your new prada purse)where different,crazy peoples reside!! Just find people I meet from out my lil area a lil more chilled out, relaxed and not-so-stuffy and I totally dig the vibe.

16 comments:

taz said...

hahaha... i guess staying over at my place has had an effect on you... why dont u move in?
SHERWOOD rocks... or well, sydenham... wherever it is that i stay. im a borderline case :)

i love my house... so live-in, i.e. untidy... eveything everywhere... good stuff

p.s. i cant wait for the post on marriage

hitman jones said...

thanks for visiting my blog..

i cant agree with you more about the westville thing. i havnt stayed in westvile but the bulk of my fam lives there. the sad part is that they carry their attitudes to the masjid. very uncomfy when half the congregation stares at you cos ur a new face.

p.s. i answered ur question on me blog.

Dreamlife said...

why Sherwood?

nabila said...

Taz- you think your house is in a mess now???? Do you know what would happen if I had to move in? I advise you to withdraw your offer!

hitman jones- if you're surti and the bulk of your fam lives in the area U R DEFNITELY related to me...and secondly out of interest which mosque in Westville?

dreamlife- could be anywhere, just used sherwood since it's the closest...

r said...

woohoo!! sherwood rocks! LoL. taz do we not feel honoured? and btw.. if ur code is 4091, its sherwood ;)

safiyyamk said...

lol u think westville is bad- come to parlock... and that business class lounge- yep that sounds exactly like my mothers family (the hoity-toity lot), i dont even rememebr when last, as a family ever got down on talking about arb things instead of money, cars and overseas trips.... hmmm a bit of a shame....

Anonymous said...

Just about to retire permanently from the blogosphere but thankfully I came across your blog. There is hope. nice blog, And yeah agree, you might love staying at home with your family but it would be nice if your house was somewhere else.

hitman jones said...

hahaha...yes i am surti..and maybe we are related. interesting...hmmmm

was talking bout westville jumuah musjid..meerut rd aka house of lords.

nabila said...

Oh I'm a westville jumaa musjid hater, my family run the governing thing.. god, the oh so physco Mahomedys u no

hitman jones said...

well well well..what do we have here...hmmmm..from your last comment there is no way in hell that we cannot be related!! lol..gets more interesting by the day.

M Junaid said...

4091 is my postal code - and thats reservoir hills. no where near my more 'cultured' westville neighbours

nabila said...

Damn... hope u aren't a comedy mahomedy or too closely related to any, if thats the case you really should NOT be reading my blog... I happen to be half and thats more than enough for me

hitman jones said...

in your words..i happen to be half and thats more than enough for me. :)...lol..i think they embarassed to have me related to them cos i dont conform to their norms..so have no fear..say what you have to say cos thats what a blog is about..your secrets are safe with me :).

nabila said...

wow, dude scary, that means theres a good chance that I know you..

nabila said...

hahahahahahaah.... i figured it out! We're second cousins you know

r said...

and the penny drops..