Friday, February 23, 2007

Random thoughtss.....on Leadership

Apologies for the lack of posts... my asdl was down, that bloomin storm messed it up

hmm so Random thoughts on Leadership(Im not gonna elaborate on that for those of you who don't know what it is). Leadership began again, new 'facilitator', new faces yet I've come to realise in the year that I bin around that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Almost can't believe it's bin a year since I tottered in with a cloak,heels,eyeshadow and a HANDBAG!! I'm proud to report alots changed since then, I walked out at the end of the year with an oversized 'believer' t-shirt and the dirtiest old pumps you have ever seen. If someone had to make me complete the sentence... "I went to leadership and....' I'd have to end it with .... met the maddest, strangest people EVER! Don't think such nuts exist anywhere else and even so I highly doubt they have a monthly meeting. I'ts truly a mish mash of arbos...

As I said some things will never change..

  • Tazkia will probably always with us 'lil' people, escaping to Halqa every so often
  • Safiyyah will always turn up with the serious look on her face and the infamous waterbottle (cos 'she dont drink fizzys' u no)
  • Tasy will more often than not turn up late and adds her two cents (doesnt make much sense) after everything the speakers
  • AQ will always be the only guy who 'contributes' to the session
  • The girls will always outnumber the guys ( most of them look abit terrified and nerdy, regulars excluded)

I'll continue this list some other time... Im bored...;( At least I did halfa post

3 comments:

r said...

hmmm.. you forgot Leadership is usually held at that place that smells so bad when u walk in but by the time u leave, u barely notice it.. bleurgh! n never fear.. IM there 2 take care of tazzle wazzle! LoL! If she can ever tear herself away from the nerdy losers in science! =P

M Junaid said...

i took you guys for a media workshop last year - what can i say - if this is the future of the ummah - we are all Effed!

Naa - it was good fun actually- wamy signed me up for another one soon - not sure what topic to do though - maybe blogging ?

taz said...

i'm getting old.....hmmm
i should really have quit by now!!!

but i guess leadership wont be the same without ME! :)

WHERE and WHAT were you before you met us???